The Late Payer List is a Business to Business service.
The major objective of Late Payer List is to :
- HELP SMALL BUSINESS COLLECT OUTSTANDING INVOICES
- CREDIT CHECK A CUSTOMER YOU’RE ABOUT TO DO BUSINESS WITH
The platform allows small businesses to share information about the late payment practices of other businesses that they have done work for. As a member you are able to register late payers on the database for any unpaid invoice that is over 31 days old.
The ability of all small businesses to share information incentivises late payer’s to pay their debts to you, the member.
Sign up is quick and easy, simply click on the ‘Join Now’ button and follow the prompts.
REGISTER A LATE PAYER
Registering a Late Payer takes 2 minutes. Once completed we do the rest. An email is sent to the Late Payer informing them that they have 7 days in which to either pay you or come to some payment arrangement. Two reminder emails are sent within this time also, one on day 4 and one on day 6. At this point the Late Payer’s details have not been published for other members to see. Most businesses are paid within this seven day period.
LIST A LATE PAYER
On Day 7, you (the member) are sent an email asking whether the Late Payer has paid the invoice. If payment was made the member clicks on the YES button on the link provided in the email and a thank you email is automatically sent to the Late Payer.
If payment has not been made then the member now has the choice as to whether to list the Late Payer on the Nationwide Database for all members to see. The Listing event provides a strong motivational nudge for the Late Payer to pay. Once the member makes the decision to List, the Late Payer is automatically emailed informing them that their details have been placed on the database and also the Weekly Late Payer Report that is distributed to all members.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Your ABN.
- Your Late Payer’s Trading Name, email address and mobile number if you have one. We correspond with your Late Payer via email and text message.
- Your Late Payer’s ABN (This can be obtained by searching the Australian Business Registry. here)
- A copy of the outstanding invoice or a statement of account as a PDF or image file. The invoice must be at least 31 days old.